Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Training and Development team based in our South Bank Head Office, is currently recruiting for three (3) Maintenance Training Specialists, each responsible for either Learning Resource Development, Advanced Training Delivery or Technology Systems Training.
About the role
All Maintenance Training Specialists will be responsible for aspects of the designing, developing, monitoring of quality standards and delivery of maintenance training across Thiess national and international operations.
In this role, you will:
- Implement the Thiess Maintenance Training Strategy and internal projects focused on learning and development needs and process improvements
- Undertake development, reviewing and improvements of curriculum and training materials
- Evaluate training delivery effectiveness to ensure that training meets organisation goals
- Provide guidance to regional based training personnel
- Develop new ideas and identify new sources of training to support company future needs.
- Provide internal needs assessment for maintenance specific learning needs
- Promote, encourage and foster the safety culture and environmentally responsible behaviour within the People and Capability team, to ensure incidents are reported and corrective actions are implemented.
- Participate in Safety Communities of Practice as required.
- Hold a certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent
- Hold a trade qualification, preferably with experience in a mining environment
- Experience in training delivery and training program development
- Experience in training course design and development, including course materials development
- Advanced computer literacy required, including proficiency with MS Office Suite
- The ability to manage conflict resolution and to demonstrate resilience
- Knowledge of current legislation that applies within the mining and training industry
- Understanding of national mining training packages
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close 5pm, Sunday 16 December 2018