Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Our Peak Downs Mine is located 30km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
About the role
We currently have a Site Administrator opportunity available. This role will report to the Finance and Administration Manager and you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
You will be responsible for processing invoices, managing site accommodation and providing administrative support to the management team.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensure effective processing of invoices for payment and generation of purchase orders.
- Prepare End of month accruals and reconciliations by required deadlines
- Book conference rooms prepare agendas and minutes for meetings
- Ensure accurate and timely filing is maintained. Assist with site document control.
- Daily data entry & reconciliation of fuel & oil usage
- Assist with accommodation bookings and onboarding support
- Other general administrative tasks as required
- High level of organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Professional and efficient manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package
- Knowledge of JDE would be beneficial
- Experience within a similar role preferably within the mining or construction industry and qualification in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 12 December 2018.