Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Located 60 kilometers north of Tom Price in Western Australia, our Solomon Project in the Pilbara.
About the role
As our next LV Fitter reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In this role you will be required to:
- Conduct inspections, maintenance, adjustment and repair of plant equipment light vehicles and related ancillary equipment components as instructed in a timely manner.
- Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated with electrical and fabrication associated areas on light vehicles.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems.
- Be proficient with all relevant Thiess site test equipment and adopt the correct procedures for use.
- Be responsible for workshop tooling used and advise the Supervisor of any workshop tooling that is unsafe. Return all workshop tooling to the storage area on completion of use.
- Supervise on the job training of apprentices and trainees in consultation with the Supervisor and training staff.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel.
- Source and requisition parts requirements through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedures.
- Assist in the recording and control of a Temporary Repair and Backlog register.
- Conduct technical inspections and job estimations.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels. (Supervisor and Planner)
- Cert in LV Fitting / higher or equivalent
- HR Drivers Licence preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.