Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Mine is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next Electrical Engineer reporting to the Planning and Engineering Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide electrical engineering and project management support to the maintenance team
- Monitor plant condition, identify unreliable plant, provide reports and recommendations to the maintenance department
- Work with OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to improve machine reliability and maintenance practices
- Monitor and plan re-occurring electrical maintenance tasks
- Facilitate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) investigations into electrical component failure
- Provide assistance to the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience in a mobile plant maintenance environment on a mine site is highly desirable
- Experience with Liebherr electrical drive off-highway trucks is highly desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in use of a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients.
Roster & Conditions
- 5/2 – Monday to Friday roster
- Full Camp Facilities available.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 27 January 2019