Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Jellinbah Plains Mine is an open-cut coal project located approximately 40km from Blackwater or 125Km from Emerald in Central Queensland.
About the role
Our Safety and Training Department at Jellinbah Plains is currently searching for a Health and Safety Advisor. As our Health and Safety Advisor reporting to the Health, Safety, Environment and Training Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. The Health and Safety Advisor must ensure:
- Assist the Health, Safety and Training Manager with the maintenance and effectiveness of the site's Safety and Health Management System
- Facilitate group risk assessment and reviews
- Focal point in Injury and Rehabilitation Management programs
- Deliver health and safety initiatives and education programs aimed at minimising workplace incidents.
- Provide guidance in hazard identification, risk management, system development, incident investigation, monitoring programs and reporting to the Operational Departments.
- Coordination of the Emergency Response Team.
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver on production and maintenance targets in a challenging, fast paced and professional environment.
Role requirements for a Health and Safety Advisor:
- OHS/WHS/Risk Management Qualifications
- Experience within an Operational Mine (Coal or Metalliferous)
- Experience in facilitation of ICAM Investigations
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Experience in workplace injury management and rehabilitation
- Proven experience in Risk Management
- S1, S2 and S3
- RIIRIS402 (G2) – Carry Out Risk Management Process
- 'Hands on' approach, clear focus and leadership skills
- Roster & Conditions
- 5/2 Roster - Monday to Friday
- Full Camp Facilities Available
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 3 February 2019.