Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As the Site Accountant reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager you will be based on site in the Bowen Basin and will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This rewarding role will require you to provide professional advice and support to the project regarding its financial accountability and controls while ensuring financial performance targets are achieved. Furthermore, this role will see you working closely with the Project Manager and leadership team to understand and manage the head contract effectively.
Duties will also include:
- Preparation and allocation of monthly budgets and forecasts
- Completion of variance analysis and monthly cost review meetings
- The review of cost transactions
- Completion of internal and external audits to ensure quality assurance
- Management of on-site procurement and utilisation of group strategic sourcing agreements
We are seeking an accounting professional who has a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in a similar position within mining or a similar industry. The successful candidate will have experience in contract management and both head and subcontract management. Furthermore, a comprehensive knowledge of relevant Australian and International accounting and financial reporting standards is required.
Other requirements for success in this role are:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or equivalent
- Certified Practicing Accountant or Chartered Accountant
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and financial enterprise resource planning packages
- Knowledge of taxation legislation, specifically in relation to GST, FBT, income and payroll tax.
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
To apply for this role please follow the below link.