Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next HV Electrician reporting to the Electrical Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results within a high-performance team.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12-hour rotating day and night shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile mining equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing and maintenance procedures
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns and services
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilization
- Work with the electrical team to maintain the statutory electrical compliance of the site.
Role Requirements for a High Voltage Electrician at Lake Vermont:
- Electrical trade qualification with relevant HV certification
- Prior experience working as a HV Electrician with exposure to open cut heavy earthmoving equipment
- Experience working on Liebherr Trucks and Excavators
- Current Driver’s Licence, Coal Board Medical and Standard 11
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Sunday 17th February 2019.