Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Located just outside Muswellbrook, Thiess’s Mount Pleasant Operation, provides an exciting opportunity to help shape a new project into a World Class Operation.
About the role
As an Auto Electrician at Mount Pleasant you will not only perform general day to day service work, you will support the instillation and maintenance of the machine guidance technology. This is a great opportunity to advance your knowledge & Skills in this area.
Key Role Requirements:
- Perform general servicing, repair and maintenance on mobile mining equipment (Liebherr Excavators, Cat 793D Dump Trucks, Cat Dozers).
- Running data, power, radio and GPS antenna cables through bulkhead, panels and access both inside and outside production equipment compartments on heavy mining machinery
- Provide high quality installations including mountings, wiring and testing of equipment
- Ensure all activities are completed in a safe manner.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade qualified Auto Electrician with post trade experience in the mining industry
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.