Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess is currently looking for a motivated Ancillary Mobile Plant Operators at our Rocky’s Reward open-cut mining operation.
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Operate mobile machinery efficiently, safely and competently to ensure maximum output
- Comply with Thiess’ policies and procedures
- Respond to instructions from the Mining Supervisor
- Excavate to design boundaries of ore bodies, berms and pit walls
- Ensure floor levels are maintained
- Minimise dilution and achieving design parameters within acceptable tolerances
- Set and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Safe and efficient operation of;
- 250T > 400T Hitachi Excavators
- CAT Dozers
- CAT Graders
- CAT 785 & 793 Dump Trucks
- Water Carts
- At least 2 years’ experience as a mining All Rounder or Ancillary operator
- Equivalent to, or specific experience operating the aforementioned machinery is essential
- Experience in a mining production environment is essential
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ore mark-ups and pit configuration
- Current HR driver’s licence preferred
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
About the benefits
- The option to salary-sacrifice flights into Perth
- Accommodation is provided in the Leinster Village and township. With recent investment in the town and the mine site, there are great facilities available to make you feel comfortable
- Leinster has a swimming pool, fitness centre, squash, basketball and tennis courts, a grassed oval, an indoor sporting stadium and a 6 hole golf course
- There is also a medical centre, plus an IGA supermarket which also has access to an ATM facility
- There is no ‘Wet Mess’ as this function is provided at the Tavern which also offers meals and a bottle shop
- Leinster is only a 1 hour and 20 minute flight from Perth with a short drive from camp to site, meaning you spend less time travelling to and from work
- Full time direct employment, a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of the world's largest Mining Services Provider: Thiess Mining & Metals
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.