Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
We are taking Expressions of Interest for a Project Manager with a view to commence work in Quarter 4 in 2019.
Our recruitment team will be commencing shortlisting and processing of applicants immediately in order to secure a start on schedule.
Permanent full-time opportunity with Thiess.
Some of your duties will include;
- Providing strategic direction and principal leadership for all activities associated with the successful and sustainable operation of the project
- Providing accountability for the complete management and delivery of the project
- Leading the project teams and working closely with the client to ensure successful delivery Promoting a safety culture compliant with all applicable Thiess safety standards and procedures
- Achieving and maintaining an incident and injury free workplace
- Creating an empowered and high performing team-culture that delivers outstanding performance and achieves targeted project outcomes
- Ensuring progress is maintained against the mine plan, schedules and budgeted expenditure
What skills and experience do you need?
- A relevant Tertiary Qualification in Engineering
- An Unrestricted Quarry Manager ticket required
- A minimum 5+ years in a similar position within open cut metalliferous mining
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Experience in managing multi-disciplined teams
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive excellence through large teams
- Demonstrated success in an operational leadership position
- Strong financial acumen managing budgets and profit and loss
- Sound understanding of relevant Mine Safety legislative and other statutory requirements
- A pragmatic approach to dealing with complex challenges
- Demonstrated resilience in a challenging environment
- The ability to develop strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders and clients
- Commitment to innovation
All positions are residential to Kalgoorlie. Only people who are local and those willing to relocate will be shortlisted.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.