Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because, with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Senior Mining Engineer based in the Bowen Basin, you will report to the Technical Services Manager where you will oversee the execution of all aspects of the mine planning function and work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
You will be responsible for ensuring production targets are met while maintaining a safety conscious, efficient, cost-effective and innovative work ethic. Duties will also include:
- Providing guidance and input into the drill and blast and pit design processes
- Completing the end of month reconciliations and reporting process
- Assessing opportunities to maximise equipment utilisation
- Preparing inputs for the control budget process
- Completing rehabilitation and water management designs
- Liaising with production staff to ensure plans are executed as per design
- Providing guidance and technical support to other site engineers
- Attending client meetings
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior experience working as a senior mining engineer
- Extensive experience working as a mining engineer on an operational mine
- Extensive open cut coal mining experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering
- A high level of proficiency in the following software:
- Vulcan or Deswik
- Microsoft Office Suite
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please follow the below link.