Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Human Resources Officer, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results for the Curragh project, located near Blackwater.
The Human Resources Officer reports directly to the Human Resources Manager, and the primary focus of your role will see you assist the by providing operational support in all aspects of Human Resources across the mine site. You will also be required to:
- Support in the implementation and maintenance of effective HR initiatives
- Support the wider Queensland HR team in the delivery of all aspects of HR and IR activities
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Manager
This role is ideally suited to someone who has experience in supporting and managing aspects of blue collar recruitment, employment relations and enjoys a busy work environment and wants a fulfilling career in as an HR Generalist.
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Human resources experience in a mining or heavy industry environment
- Strong computer skills including an advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or currently studying towards them would be highly desirable
- A high level of oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving ability
- The ability to plan, organise and resource effectively
- High level of time management and attention to detail
- Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.