Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been awarded a five-year contract at Mt Arthur Coal, expanding on our existing operation on the site.
About the role
As our next Leading Hand - Fitter you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Working a lifestyle roster 5/4/4/5 12.5 hour days and nights, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
- Leadership of maintenance crew following directives of managers and supervisors
- Lead the performance of servicing, repair and maintenance of Liebherr excavators, CAT Trucks and Dozers and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer-based systems
- Assist crews to effectively meet daily safety and maintenance targets for the project
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel
- Source and requisition parts and / or equipment requirements through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedure
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Trade Qualified Plant Mechanic Certificate III Automotive Mechanical Technology (Heavy Vehicle Mobile Equipment) or equivalent
- At least 5 years mining experience with exposure to leading or supervision of mobile maintenance HD Fitters
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- You will also need to possess a high regard and practice of health and safety at all times
- Mining Supervisory training will be highly regarded
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.