Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because, with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess currently has an opportunity for a Project Development Manager to join the Strategy & Growth business unit. This role is based at Thiess’s head office in South Brisbane and reports to the General Manager, Pre-Contracts.
The primary focus of this role is to manage the development of proposals, studies and tenders, tender handovers and client feedback for unsuccessful tenders. This role will primarily focus on the development of opportunities in South America.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing development projects from scoping and design to development of business plans
- Supporting the development of prospect value propositions, project delivery models and partner selections
- Working with the General Manager to plan and prioritise prospects and other growth activities to ensure delivery of the Thiess business plan
- Building and maintaining productive internal and external relationships to enable the development of successful proposal and tender submissions
To be considered for this role a mining or engineering degree is required, as is demonstrated experience in the following:
- Minimum of 15 years' in mining or a mining-related field with experience in development of projects from concept to contract execution.
- Recent international experience within North and South America would be highly regarded
- Successfully led major project tenders, achieving on-time delivery
- Successfully managed new project start-ups or site operations projects
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Proven commercial acumen and familiarity with a range of commercial models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act decisively within authority limits, drive performance and influence outcomes
- Spanish speaking skills would also be highly regarded in this role
Thie role will suit someone who has the ability to influence multiple parties, ensuring specific focus is kept on agreed strategies and value propositions.
Please note this role will require both interstate and international travel.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.