Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because, with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess currently has an opportunity for an experienced ICT Service Engineer to join the IT Operations team based at their head office in South Brisbane.
Working within a team of 3 and reporting to the ICT Service Manager, this role’s purpose is to provide quality support services to Information and Communication Technology customers in order to exceed expectations of the Thiess and Sedgman business end-users.
The end-to-end accountabilities of this position include but are not limited to the following key areas of delivery:
- Provide timely quality support, investigation, response, feedback, escalation, assistance and resolution to incidents logged by the Thiess Helpdesk to Thiess and Sedgman Business Unit Employees
- Proactively review the services being provided to ensure they are fit for purpose, cost-effective and performing adequately
- Installation and maintenance of hardware and software
- Produce and maintain process documentation
- Assist procurement needs by obtaining prices and source ICT supplies
- Drive a culture of continual improvement and the efficient delivery of ICT services
- Monitor developments in ICT technology and make recommendations on the adoption of appropriate new technologies
Skills and experience you require to be successful in the role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud applications
- Experience writing design, project documentation and process documentation
- Experience working within a complex ICT server environment
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and technical support of PCs, associated peripherals and software in a complex windows environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organisation
- Working knowledge of enterprise ICT environments.
- Working knowledge Windows 10 and Microsoft Office365.
- Knowledge of server technologies such as Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of desktop deployment technologies such as SCCM.
- Knowledge of Service Desk management software such as Service Now
- Knowledge of Dell PC Hardware
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please follow the below link.