Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because, with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior GIS Spatial Systems Specialist to join our Technical Resources team based at our head office at South Bank, Brisbane.
In this role, you will maintain, review and develop a standardised GIS platform and mapping tool for utilisation across our Global Mining projects.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and enhancing capabilities within Thiess by coordinating, delivering and maintaining project-specific GIS plans
- Developing and maintaining a Thiess standardised GIS framework and centralised platform
- Provide GIS input for planning and resourcing of new and existing projects
- Identifying aspects within the business where GIS can improve efficiency and implementing solutions
- Providing GIS advice and training to project and head office teams
- Standardising methods to update and backup GIS databases
- Aiming to provide Thiess GIS systems as a central display platform for the visualisation of spatial data
- Utilise additional products available under the current enterprise agreement with ESRI.
- Utilise newly employed resources to support and extend the system and projects.
- Standardising mobile data collection tools for projects to collect and manage data.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Spatial Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience in developing, troubleshooting and maintaining GIS systems
- Experience in incorporating LIDAR and other survey data to generate base GIS platforms
- 7-10 years experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Geocortex, Global Mapper
- Experience in Mine Planning software packages (highly regarded)
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.