Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess is seeking Excavator Operators for permanent employment opportunities to work on an open-cut mining project.
Our recruitment team will be commencing shortlisting and processing of applicants immediately in order to secure a start on schedule.
Permanent full-time opportunity with Thiess. Pilbara location, mine-site based roles; FIFO ex-Perth
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Operate machinery efficiently, safely and competently to ensure maximum output
- Comply with Thiess’ policies and procedures
- Respond to instructions from the Mining Supervisor
- Excavate to design boundaries of ore bodies, berms and pit walls
- Ensure floor levels are maintained
- Minimise dilution and achieving design parameters within acceptable tolerances
- Set and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Carry out pre-start checks
- At least 2 years’ experience as a mining production excavator operator
- Equivalent to, or specific experience operating Hitachi EX3600, EX1900 & EX1200 excavators is essential
- Experience in efficiently and safely loading dump trucks in a mining production environment is essential
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ore mark-ups and pit configuration
- Skills to mine out benches and cut batters
- Current HR driver’s licence
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.