Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess is seeking LV Fitters for permanent employment opportunities to work on an open-cut mining project.
Our recruitment team will be commencing shortlisting and processing of applicants immediately in order to secure a start on schedule.
Permanent full-time opportunity with Thiess. Pilbara location, mine-site based roles; FIFO ex-Perth
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, reporting to the Leading Hand, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Perform the servicing, repair, and maintenance of the mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation.
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change-outs to a high standard.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel.
- Conduct technical inspections and job estimations.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Automotive Trade (Light Vehicle Mechanical) or relevant equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in Vehicle Air Conditioning systems desired
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change-outs and servicing of Toyota and Nissan
- You will also need to possess a high regard for and practice health and safety at all times.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.