Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
Thiess is seeking Tyre Fitters for permanent employment opportunities to work on an open-cut mining project.
Our recruitment team will be commencing shortlisting and processing of applicants immediately in order to secure a start on schedule.
Permanent full-time opportunity with Thiess. Pilbara location, mine-site based roles; FIFO ex-Perth.
With a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, reporting to the Leading Hand, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Diagnose tyre/rim/wheel conditions as required, remove and replace rim/wheel to vehicles, Remove and replace tyres to rim/wheel as required.
- Perform regular tyre inflation pressure checks, adjust and report to supervisor.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer-based systems.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of 2 Years experience in heavy-duty tyre fitting in a mining environment
- Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting Heavy Cert AUR21913
- Current forklift licence
- Current HR drivers licence
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.