Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our team at the Curragh North project in the Bowen Basin. Reporting to the Project Manager, you would be responsible for coordinating the full spectrum of human resource support to the project. This includes providing direction and support of various activities including performance and talent management, recruitment, employee and industrial relations, HR analysis, HRIS, reporting, diversity and inclusion as well as supporting local community initiatives.
The primary functions of this role will see you:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy that will contribute towards a high performing culture through effective performance management, coaching & mentoring, training & development and succession and talent management processes
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the project
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Develop, implement and supporting strategies and actions;
- Support functional managers through advice, training, education and coaching ensuring they understand their HR and IR obligations;
- Ensure appropriate workforce planning is executed to manage absenteeism, turnover and recruitment activities on site;
- Work with the site leadership team to embed the Thiess culture within the project, with a key focus on engagement and development of our people
- Provide leadership and mentorship to an onsite HR Advisor
This is a site-based role on a 5/2 (Monday to Friday) roster, with one rostered day off per month. Flights from Brisbane or local living options are also available for this position.
The Curragh North Project is situated outside of Blackwater, in Central Queensland.
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Human resources experience in fast paced environment is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills including an advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- A high level of oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving ability
- The ability to plan, organise and resource effectively to coordinate multiple priorities
- High level of time management and attention to detail
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.