Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $88,171 – $95,444 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Senior Grants Officer will have responsibility for the coordination and provision of high quality research grants support services for health and medical funding opportunities across a broad range of disciplines at the University of Melbourne.
The position will work across both pre- and post-award support services, and closely with other stakeholders across the University of Melbourne.
Whilst leading a team of Grants Officers, your other responsibilities include the planning and overseeing of workflow, task completion, relationship management and provision of specialist advice on all aspects of grants management, from oversight of applications processes and advice to applicants through to reporting.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about supporting research, continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your leadership skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong working relationships.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education or training;
- Expert knowledge of health and medical grant funding programs and funding rules including grants management across the life-cycle (pre and post award);
- Success in a research administration support or project role, demonstrating initiative, personal drive, planning skills and excellent organisational ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Capacity to understand and communicate specialist and complex information very well to people from a range of backgrounds;
- Ability to work well with limited supervision as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 26 Sep 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
0038365_REVISED_11 Sept 2018.pdf
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time