Job no: 0045164
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $102,967 - $122,268 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
- Join Australia's Number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia’s education system. MGSE’s Master of Teaching courses utilise a clinical teaching model which links academic theory with classroom practice.
About the role
The MGSE is seeking to fill a Lecturer, Early Childhood Education position. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching, research and engagement in the area of early childhood education from birth to 8 years and initial-teacher education.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Contribute to subject co-ordination, teaching and staff leadership in subjects and courses appropriate to your expertise.
- Contribute to the research performance of the Melbourne Graduate School of Education through publication of articles, supervision of Masters and PhD students and the securing of research funding.
- Have a track record in teaching experience, research, and scholarship in the field of early childhood education, and experience in research and development activities in this field.
- Be familiar with current developments and policy debates relating to early childhood education, and teaching in early childhood education settings (birth to 8 years of age).
A contribution to the community will also be expected either through involvement in professional associations and/or the provision of professional development or other such activities.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid 'Working with Children Check'.