Job no: 0054214
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science
Department/School: School of Physics
Salary: $75,289 - $102,163 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
Salary: $75,289 pa - $102,163 pa (PhD Entry Level - $95,179 pa)
About the role:
The appointee will work within the Melbourne Node of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Dark Matter Particle Physics. The position will be based at The University of Melbourne Parkville campus and work in the Centre’s Theory Program under the supervision of Melbourne Node Chief Investigators: Prof Nicole Bell, A/Prof Matthew Dolan, Dr Andrea Thamm and Prof Raymond Volkas.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and innovative researcher, who can work at an internationally competitive level, independently and as part of a team, on aspects of theoretical particle and astroparticle physics, with a particular focus on dark matter phenomenology.
The position is offered for three years, with anticipated starting date around September 2022. Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Prof Nicole Bell (email@example.com) for additional information.
- A PhD or equivalent in Theoretical Particle or Astroparticle Physics or a related area
- Expertise in dark matter phenomenology
- Demonstrated aptitude for research with a sound record of peer-reviewed publication, commensurate with experience and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, administer and see through to completion appropriately designed research projects with limited supervision
- Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
Please DO NOT apply via the University website.
The University will only be accepting applications submitted via the Academic Jobs Online website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20146