Matchcast Production Manager
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Supervisory / Management, Production / Operations, Engineering - Other
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Matchcast Production Manager with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Matchcast Production Manager will be accountable for ensuring the best outcome is achieved in areas such as productivity, health and safety, quality, and all technical aspects.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe system of work in the workplace.
- Comply fully with the Standard and Policy and with all relevant safety, health and environment legislation
- No employee, contractor or third-party injuries
- Factories to meet legal requirements for emissions
- Full site compliance with license conditions
- Promote and develop a safe work culture through management and leadership of safety systems and plans
- Stacking, handling, loading and load restraint is in accordance with specifications and safe work procedures
- Ensure all systems based requirements for QA & QC are met
- Effective document control system
- Measure quality and reduce/remove rework & reject rates
- Lead ownership of all Quality Control procedures (production control sheets etc) and meet with other requirements of the QMS as applies to relevant production procedures
- Manage and guide QC staff where appropriate
- QSI’s raised for all non-conformances and closed out in a timely manner
- Performance measures for key personnel are set and staff performance and development is appropriately managed
- Engage & consult effectively to facilitate willing and productive work
- Determine and allocate resources appropriately. Plan and manage crews to achieve workloads (e.g. Staggered starts, work breaks, etc)
- Meet lawful requirements in employment
- Invoke appropriate measures and investigation to address performance and misconduct issues
- HR activities - performance reviews, succession plans, competency development - are attended to
- Local management of human resource and industrial relations issues, liaising with National HR
- Administration and records, including with National payroll
- Lead others to achieve standards and KPIs
- Developed Supervisors and Leading Hands to ensure solid knowledge of Hume’s products and services
- Shore up strong technical skills
- Apply effective problem solving and decision making in production
- Budgets and Forecasts are met and performance reviews show progress against targets
- Ensure KPI’s for Factory performance are met and effective monitoring systems are in place
- OIP projects are identified and actions implemented.
- Call up national support resources when required
- Stock levels are managed in accordance with company standards
- Regular accurate feedback and reporting from production information systems is possible because accurate and timely entry of data is achieved
- Production planning is organised in accordance with customer demand, optimal stock levels and efficiency stipulations.
- Product load-out is coordinated and both internal and external customers are advised of delivery arrangements in a timely fashion.
- Resource planning to ensure production plan and manufacturing flexibility is achieved.
- Effectively plan workflow (eg. Reinforcement, product laydown, minimisation of double handling)
- Plans entered into production information system
- Analysis, corrective actions and reporting on production variances
- Purchasing is organised in accordance with limits of authority and delegated purchasing duties are duly controlled and supervised
- Controls on purchase of all factory consumables and process materials are applied
- Ensure that company assets are maintained.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance program to ensure minimum downtime, disruption to production and maximum plant flexibility
- Duties may be varied from time to time consistent with the employee’s training and skills and such varied duties are to be performed to standards that will be specified as required
What you'll need to succeed
- 10 years practical experience in a matchcast segment manufacturing facility
- 10 years’ experience in managing people
- A thorough understanding of Matchcast segments
- A thorough understanding of, and experience in, all relevant specifications, including how they influence manufacture and early detection of potential non-conformances
- Read and interpret drawings
- Microsoft suite
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time