CPB Contractors Pty Limited is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can CPB build for you?
In New Zealand, the construction industry is currently experiencing an unprecedented level of growth, with CPB well positioned in terms of current work in hand, and pipeline of future projects throughout New Zealand.
CPB seek talented, motivated, disciplined individuals who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
Currently we are seeking a Assistant Accountant to join our team in Tauranga on our Bayfair to Baypark project.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager you will support our leaders and be a “hybrid” Accounting individual that will assist our existing team with a diverse range of tasks that will include:
- Responsible for Accounts Payable, Procurement & Month End Reporting
- Raising Purchase Requisitions for approval, Purchase Orders & Receipting
- Raising new subcontracts in JDE
- Entering employee expense claims
- Assist Supervisor with asset management admin
- Other bulk/centralised invoices into our JDE AP account systems
- Setting up new suppliers and subcontractors in JDE
- Resolving supplier and subcontractor enquiries and payments.
- Manage specific packages (eg plant hire and the like)
- Raise internal and external variations including updating within JDE and FPM
- End of month financial requirements – accruals, end of month cost dissection reports, star query consolidation, JDE and FPM uploads, report consolidation
- Assist in Management Accounting processes
- Assist cash management and forecasting
- Provide JDE support and training to on site staff
- Assist with the FBT return process
- Assisting with other general administrative tasks.
To be considered for these opportunities candidates will possess the following:
- 2-5 years’ experience within Accounting.
- Experience with larger GL system packages (We use JD Edwards)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Acute attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Ability and experience learning new complex systems
- Exceptional phone manner and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the building and construction industry (highly regarded but not necessary)
- Ability to be resilient, and treat others with respect.
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organized and committed to the highest possible work standards.
You will be able to build strong relationships within CPB NZ and also have the opportunity to evolve within your career as CPB encourage development and growth.
All potential CPB Contractors employees will require the right to work in New Zealand and complete a range of pre-employment checks including Reference checking and qualification checks.
CPB Contractors offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below.