CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The Waikeria Prison Development PPP project is $750 million construction project based in the heart of the Waikato. This project will provide leading edge facilities to the Department of Corrections, and will deliver accommodation for 500 prisoners, along with a secure mental health unit providing additional care for prisoners. With early works already underway, the opportunity to join this project commences in October 2018, with overall completion and facility opening due in 2022.
As Completions Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Projects Testing, Commissioning and Completion programs. This includes close liaison with our client and its partners, the independent reviewer as well as a wide range of internal stakeholders and ongoing facilities maintenance provider.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the primary point of contact in relation to the completions program schedule and milestone updates, delivery priorities, escalations, acceptance requirements, process improvements, quality and change management.
- Develop and manage defect rectification process to allow close out of defects/NCR’s in a timely and effective manner as per the construction management plan.
- Identify critical paths and blockers, resources management/levelling, and ensuring project program schedule and deliverables are maintained and updated.
- Analyse and report on defects and NCR’s, conduct trend analyses and implemented corrective actions for future learnings.
- Report to Project Director and client on completions program progress, changes and delays.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on commercial construction projects, ideally working with Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractors within a quality or completions management position.
- Demonstrated experience applying engineering principles to comply with scope of works and quality requirements
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience correlating, analysing and reporting on technical data to improve and streamline process.
As the successful candidate you will need to be highly motivated, well organised and committed to the highest possible work standards. You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
All potential CPB contractors employees will be requiring the right to work in New Zealand and complete a range of pre-employment checks, including Ministry of justice checks, Reference checking and qualification checks.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below.