- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Production / Operations, Engineering - Other
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Reinforcement Engineer with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Reinforcement Engineer will be in charge of coordinating on-site activities in relation to the set up and operation of the Batch plant and work closely with the Quality team to ensure the quality of the product being produced is up to standard.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Compliance with all Joint Venture SHE&S policies and procedures
- Taking personal accountability for own safety and at all times being aware of the impact of actions on the safety of others
- Participating and contributing to the effectiveness of Joint Venture safety activities
- Immediately reporting any injury, incident or “near miss” encountered during the course of work
- Assisting other employees in carrying out these responsibilities by support and example
- Monitoring SHE&S performance within area of responsibility
- Demonstrating commitment to SHE&S through personal example, leadership and participation in monitoring of established working practices
- Demonstrate financial management skills and commercial acumen when making decisions
- Execute working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
- Monitor manufacturing progress to maintain an understanding of overall program
- Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management.
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Perform all duties in accordance with Project policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures.
- Working closely with the lab and quality team to ensure concrete consistency
- Managing raw materials
- Troubleshooting concrete issues and involvement (with quality team) in root cause analysis of non-conformance issues
- Liaison with batch plant control system supplier when system changes need to be made
- Ensuring daily controls are in place (in conjunction with quality team)
- Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management
- Analyse and use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of batch plant staff
- Establish strong internal and external relationships in support of the ongoing establishment of a performance orientated culture with a view to best for project outcomes
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
- Diploma of Project Management in Engineering, Science, Building, Construction or equivalent
- Chartered Engineering Status
- 5-10 years’ post graduate experience with 3+ years site based
- Ideally with 3 + years of precast or concrete experience
- Project wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects
- Delivery of minor projects to program and budget specifications
- Effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource management
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite; Primavera 6
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Minimum 5-10 years’ engineering experience
- Project Engineer and operational experience, design experience
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time