Procurement & Contracts Manager
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Hobart
- Legal / Contracts, Commercial / Project Finance / Bid Work, Procurement / Supply
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
Working under the guidance of the Project Services Leader in conjunction with the Delivery Team to deliver the procurement & commercial commitments of the Alliance in accordance with its policies and procedures. The Procurement & Contracts Manager is responsible for managing all procurement, commercial & contractual aspects of Work Packages, ensuring compliance with the Alliance's Management Plans, PAA obligations and objectives across the Program. Advise Project Managers on appropriate courses of action and ensure the project team effectively minimises risks.
The Procurement & Contracts Manager will be accountable for:
- Develop and implement sound strategic, business and improvement plans including plans and procedures at a project level that address procurement policies, commercial issues and ensure contract compliance with time bars, submissions, notices and the like
- Tender commercial evaluation
- Periodically review materials requirements and investigate sources of supply from both local and overseas markets with focus on value for money
- Manage contract negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors
- Review subcontract commercial conditions and provide advice as to consistency of terms and conditions with Alliance guidelines
- Prepare and issue tenders for inventory and panel subcontract items
- Prepare/review formal recommendations
- Provide assistance and guidance to Alliance staff, including project managers, project engineers and contracts administrators on commercial and contract administration matters.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes etc., in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and where applicable, Legal personnel.
- Regularly audit project documentation and correspondence for compliance with Alliance requirements. Support the identification, reporting, mitigation and development of risk management strategies as part of the integrated risk management approach for the Program
- Manage and monitor contract securities, insurances, accounts and billings to clients
- Manage, train and develop the human resources for assigned areas of responsibility, specifically, Procurement team, Contract Administrators, trainees and internships
Our minimum requirements for this role is:
- Degree or Diploma in, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Contracts Administration or similar position
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Experience of SAP Software / accounting and associated reporting is desirable
This role is based in Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time