Health and Safety Director
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Brisbane
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
CBGU JV brings together partners CPB Contractors, BAM, Ghella and UGL to deliver the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package for Brisbane’s Cross River Rail. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 km rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, including 5.9 km of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD.
CBGU JV will deliver the underground works of the project, including tunneling, four new underground stations, an over-station development at Albert Street and an above ground retail plaza at Roma Street.
One project team, building career opportunities for you.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Health and Safety Director will sit within the Senior Leadership Team, and provide strategic direction that supports Everyone Safe, Every day.
This will be a career defining role that underpins your reputation as a leading professional in Australia.
We are looking for a leader who is:
- Courageous and confident. Can act decisively and fearlessly; is comfortable taking charge and being assertive when needed.
- Engaged and open. Welcomes the opportunity to interact and communicate with others; gets involved and is eager to contribute in a positive way.
- Respectful and modest. Takes a supporting and collaborative approach; helps others grow.
- Adaptable and open to change. Acknowledges that compliance has a big part to play in successful project delivery, but understands so much more goes into creating genuine culture.
With support from the Senior Leadership Team, and Key Stakeholders. The Health and Safety Director will be the custodian and champion of creating a culture where we keep Everyone Safe, Every day.
The responsibility that comes with this role should not be underestimated, therefore we require:
- Demonstrable cultural development experience that goes beyond compliance measures
- The ability to develop short, medium and long-term strategies that are well documented, communicated and implemented.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s), at the degree or masters level (or other evidence of professional/personal development)
- Demonstrable Project delivery with greater than 10 years’ industry experience having held senior appointments
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to trend data and make recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team
- Exposure to technological advances that drive innovation and simplify project delivery
- The ability to positively engage with Joint Venture Parent Company executives, Queensland Rail, Cross River Rail Delivery Authority, Brisbane City Council, Emergency Services and other key stakeholders.
At CBGU JV, we are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction, Indigenous advancement and participation, and we encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CBGU JV partners directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.