Advisor, Environment & Sustainability
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade the 4 kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
Construction is expected to begin in early 2020 and the project is due for completion by early 2023.
We are currently seeking applications from Environmental and Sustainability Advisors to coordinate the implementation of project environment programs to ensure adherence with relevant environmental legislation, regulations, contractual obligations and CPB Health, Safety and Environmental procedures. This will also include driving cutting-edge sustainability performance across design, procurement and construction. You’ll currently be operating at Advisor or Manager Level, and offer strong skills and knowledge in both Green star and the IS Rating Tool.
As Environmental and Sustainability Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Providing advice to our design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental and sustainability outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental and Sustainability Management Plans and associated documents
- Managing the continued start-up of the new projects including finalisation and implementation of EMPs, obtaining approvals, and set up of environmental governance activities such as identification of environmental risks, implementation of environmental controls, weekly toolbox and other communication activities, and implementation of compliance activities such as inspections
- Identifying key environmental risks, and developing appropriate controls and communication for inclusion in work planning activities
- Assisting with the development and implementation of environmental/ sustainability programs, initiatives and innovations
- Conducting environmental/sustainability monitoring, inspection and auditing programs on the project as required, and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership and communication skills
- Managing the Infrastructure Sustainability Council Australia (ISCA) rating process and obtaining a design and as built rating
- Managing sustainability induction and training program
- Assisting the Commercial Manager to ensure subcontractors fulfil their sustainability obligations
- Monitoring sustainability target progress and informing the Project Director of issues
- Preparing project reports in relation to E&S
- Assisting the Stakeholder and Community Relations Manager to develop/implement community education strategies
- Ensuring Project Managers are aware of the potential sustainability impacts of decisions
- Working with partners, clients, and other stakeholders to identify sustainability opportunities
- Researching the latest developments of sustainable construction practice and technology
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients and stakeholders (government bodies, councils, design teams and industry groups)
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor Degrees in Environmental Engineering, Science, Sustainability or other associated disciplines
- Construction environment management (3+ years)
- Knowledge of environmental & sustainability management techniques and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of low level incident investigations
- Reporting, auditing and risk management procedures and processes
- Reporting environmental performance, compliance, defects and non-compliance
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time