Design Manager - EOI
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time, Specific task
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Engineering - Other
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
Reporting to the Project Manager, we are currently seeking applications for a suitably qualified Design Manager to lead and manage the design delivery process, function and team within the project life cycle to deliver successful project outcomes as part of our team in the South Gippsland Area. This is a great opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
As Design Manager, you will be accountable for:
- Plan and control the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and project objectives
- Select and engage, then monitor the performance of external design partners within the discipline including their deliverables, costs and timeframes
- Manage the design approval process in accordance with project requirements and program
- Prepare budgets and schedules of design delivery for management approval then manage and report the cost of design delivery in the project life cycle
- Manage design to ensure the cost of the works meets project requirements
- Mentor and manage the work of design and drafting staff to ensure project requirements are met
Requirements for this role are:
- Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ in technical management roles preferably in the construction industry on infrastructure projects
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience managing teams in complex design projects, documentation programming and review
- You will demonstrate commercial and contractual awareness in dealing with clients and external design partners.
- You will be a champion in fostering the interaction between design and construction teams to maximise innovation and project success.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.