- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne, Aus - VIC Regional
- Commercial / Project Finance / Bid Work
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We have been engaged by the Victorian Government, in joint venture with Seymour Whyte, to deliver the duplication of a 12.5 kilometre section of the Western Highway. The project is located in Ararat approximately 2 hours from Melbourne.
We are currently seeking applications from Commercial Managers to be a part of our team. In your new role you will be evenly split between Head office, situated right in the heart of Melbourne CBD and the project site, regional western VIC .This is a great opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Commercial Manager will be involved in managing and providing direction to the project team to deliver the project in accordance with the specified requirements and client expectations.
As Commercial Manager, you will:
- Clarify scope and administer head contracts, including preparation of client correspondence regarding variations and claims
- Prepare and administer subcontract and supplier contracts, including preparation of correspondence regarding claims and disputes
- Lead the Commercial Team on the project
- Manage contract disputes and risk management/mitigation
- Manage and control cost
- Report on Earned Value
- Project forecasting and reporting against plan
- Prepare monthly valuations for review with the Project Manager
- Develop and mentor the team to deliver the commercial requirements of the project
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commercial Law, Finance, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Significant experience in a similar position having worked on major infrastructure civil or rail construction projects
- Sound understanding of various forms of contracts and supply agreements and experience working closely with stakeholders in the resolution of disputes
- Advanced negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management abilities
- High level verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.