Pre-Contracts Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Administration / Support / Secretarial
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
As part of the VIC/SA/TAS Pre-Contracts Team and reporting to the Bid Services Manager, you will support the team with daily administrative tasks. The successful Administrative Assistant will support the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our team.
As an Administrator you will be accountable for:
- Administering travel; such as booking and coordinating travel with travel agencies, checking the Uber account for anomalies.
- Administering the onboarding and offboarding of staff and contractors; such as ordering IT equipment and mobile phones, organising IT access and building passes, and maintaining our asset register and stock.
- Administering the approval of invoices and expense claims; such as initial quality assurance, applying the cost code, seeking approvals, providing to finance for payment, and maintaining our invoice register and filing.
- Administering the approval of our contractual agreements; such as coordinating the drafting process, providing to our commercial team for approval, gathering supporting forms and data, and maintaining our register and filing system.
- Administering our events, such as booking and arranging payment, coordinating attendance, recording expenditure, maintaining the events calendar.
- Administering weekly and monthly timesheets for our casual and permanent staff.
- Supporting the Pre-Contracts Executive Assistant as requested; such as booking meeting rooms, set-up of video conferences, printing and binding presentation materials.
- Supporting the Bid Services Manager and Senior Business Analyst as requested; such as assisting with the quality assurance checks of monthly costs; updating of resource plans; updating our memberships register.
- Providing general administrative support to the Pre-Contracts team as required; such as ordering business cards, ordering catering for meetings, assisting with Uber account set-up, assisting with printer set-up.
- Maintain the Pre-Contracts Administration Manual.
- Maintain the Pre-Contracts New Starter Guide.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Flexible, professional, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Proven resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills; with the ability to prioritise, adapt at short notice, and manage several tasks or requests simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in touch-typing with high speed (60+ wpm) and accuracy (95%+)
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.