Sustainability Advisors/Senior Advisors
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
About the Project
The North East Link will connect the Metropolitan Ring Rd (M80) and the Eastern Freeway (M3) completing a ring road around Melbourne which includes the Monash Freeway (M1). The $200m Early Works Package will comprise of critical enabling works to enable efficient and value-for-money delivery of the primary and secondary packages, while minimising critical interfaces and de-risking the subsequent Main Works. The project will commence delivery in June 2020 and is expected to be completed in December 2021.
We are currently seeking Sustainability professionals who are interested in joining CPB Contractors in Melbourne on our North East Link Early Works Project. As a Sustainability professional, you’ll be driving cutting-edge sustainability performance across design, procurement and construction. You’ll currently be operating at Advisor or Manager Level, and offer strong skills and knowledge in both Green star and the IS Rating Tool.
As a Sustainability professional, you will be accountable for:
- Driving the development/implementation of the Sustainability Management System, including review and continual improvement of the Sustainability Plan and Implementation Plan
- Managing identification/ assessment of sustainability initiatives and programs to achieve net positive benefits for the environment and community, and embedding requirements consistent with technical design solutions
- Managing the Infrastructure Sustainability Council Australia (ISCA) rating process and obtaining a design and as built rating
- Providing specialist sustainability advice and support to the Project Director, managers and their teams
- Managing sustainability induction and training program
- Assisting the Commercial Manager to ensure subcontractors fulfil their sustainability obligations
- Managing sustainability inspections, compliance tracking, reporting and audit program
- Monitoring sustainability target progress and informing the Project Director of issues
- Preparing project reports in relation to sustainability
- Assisting the Stakeholder and Community Relations Manager to develop/implement community education strategies
- Ensuring Project Managers are aware of the potential sustainability impacts of decisions
- Working with partners, clients, and other stakeholders to identify sustainability opportunities
Researching the latest developments of sustainable construction practice and technology
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Ideally, Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science
- Ideally, 5+ years' technical expertise in sustainability for site-based construction issues
- Ideally, proven experience with Greenstar and IS Rating Tool (ISAP essential), and in leading the development of design and as-built submissions
- Proven capacity to influence and build relationships at all levels, and work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to influence individual and group behaviour at all levels
- Experience in implementing sustainability-related management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for creating best practice
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.