CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The North East Link will connect the Metropolitan Ring Rd (M80) and the Eastern Freeway (M3) completing a ring road around Melbourne which includes the Monash Freeway (M1). The $200m Early Works Package will comprise of critical enabling works to enable efficient and value-for-money delivery of the primary and secondary packages, while minimising critical interfaces and de-risking the subsequent Main Works. The project will commence delivery in June 2020 and is expected to be completed in December 2021.
This role will be based in the project office in Heidelberg and will work as part of a team, reporting to the Stakeholder and Community Engagement Manager. You will work according to the communications program and stakeholder management plan which provides project support by projecting a strong and positive image of the Project to the community and key stakeholders and manages stakeholder issues.
We offer great career prospects with a Tier 1 contractor with a diverse portfolio of projects.
You will be accountable for:
Assisting in the development of projects communication and stakeholder relations plans in line with project corporate strategy and cultural objectives
- Providing communication advice and support to internal stakeholders which contributes to effective and timely engagement with stakeholders
- Providing high quality, effective and timely management of engagement activities related to the projects development and construction program, including the preparation and delivery of effective community meetings and discussion with groups
- Building and maintain positive working relations with external stakeholders, including Councils and community groups, to deliver communication and community engagement initiatives
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
Proven experience from a construction background, preferably on major projects
- Experience in front-line community relations, managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and resolving enquiries and complaints to a satisfactory outcome
- An understanding of your role in construction and know how to support the team to deliver results
- Exceptional organisational skills, be process driven and capable of managing multiple work streams at once
- An understanding of construction processes and excellent writing skills, capable of translating complex technical concepts into plain English
- Ideally, a tertiary qualification.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.