CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
The CPB HEB Joint Venture (CPB HEB JV) is responsible for the Design and Construction of Transmission Gully - being the 27 kilometre four-lane motorway which will run from Mackays Crossing to Linden, through Transmission Gully. Four interchanges and two new link roads will connect the route to Mackays, SH58, eastern Porirua and Kenepuru.
We welcome applications from experienced Civil Construction Quality focussed professionals with roadworks experience – particularly pavement/concrete, general earthworks, road furnisher and finishing to support our current operational teams at Transmission Gully.
As Quality Advisor, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Construction teams in assuring that specified Project Quality requirements are met and that non-conformances are minimised through robust process and monitoring and by providing guidance. This opportunity will allow you work with industry leading quality management systems and demonstrate your previous success, learnings and knowledge, gained from a successful career and develop it to the next level.
Core accountabilities include:
- Management and reporting of construction quality workflow, including inspection test plans, construction lots, non-conformance reporting, hold points, witness points, requests for information and other quality processes.
- Management of Quality related Electronic Database Management Systems (EDMS).
- Ensure the business/project fulfils its responsibilities related to legislative and compliance requirements.
- Assist in continuous improvement in quality management culture and actively promote a culture where quality is integrated into our normal business practices.
- At least 5-10 years working in a Project role, preferably with a minimum of 5 years in a Quality position
- Experience of large-scale earthworks and/or civil/roading projects
- Proficient in all main Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Experience in using Electronic Document Management Systems such as Incite, Project Centre or Aconex
- Uncompromising but just when dealing with quality related issues
- Ability to influence and lead others
- Ability to work well when under pressure
- Be prepared to work as part of a team and to provide support and assistance when required
- Ability to use initiative and develop ideas
- Promote good and best practice to achieve quality targets and key result areas
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organized and committed to the highest possible work standards. You can build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
All potential CPB Contractor’s employees will be require the right to work in New Zealand and complete a range of pre-employment checks, including Ministry of justice checks, Reference checking and qualification checks.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
We are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction, and we encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Opportunities on this project are being sourced directly through the CPBHEB Joint Venture and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to communicating with you soon about this exciting project. You can stay up to date with what is happening on Transmission Gully at https://nzta.govt.nz/projects/wellington-northern-corridor/transmission-gully-motorway/