Engineers, Site | North East Link Early Works
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
The Early Works package involves performing services in two phases of planning and delivery, the majority of which comprise utility services under a Managing Contractor arrangement.
Works include the design, development and removal, relocation and/or protection of utility services including 220 KV transmission towers, other electrical assets, telecommunication assets, water and sewerage assets, and drainage and gas pipelines.
Construction on the Early Works package has commenced and is set to be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking applications from energetic, highly skilled Site Engineers with experience working in civil, pipeline, infrastructure and services to join teams across our project.
As a Site Enginer, you will be accountable for:
- Ensuring compliance of the works with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards and risk management process
- Inputting information and undertaking minor design on site and monitor and recommend changes to design details to increase the ease of construction
- Exercising professional judgement in resolving engineering issues, i.e. construction methods, design, engineering procedures, etc.
- Demonstrating financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
- Verifying subcontractors’ claims and variations
- Undertaking cost controlling and estimating as required
- Maintaining drawing register controls for the project
- Implementing and communicating risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Demonstrating skills in reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Demonstrating people management skills by being able to manage work and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (post graduate qualifications are an advantage)
- Proven forecasting and budget management, EOM process and cost tracking skills
- Demonstrated programming skills with experience in multi-discipline interfaces
- Safety, environmental and quality focus in project delivery
North East Link Early Works is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.