CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
The Early Works package involves performing services in two phases of planning and delivery, the majority of which comprise utility services under a Managing Contractor arrangement.
Works include the design, development and removal, relocation and/or protection of utility services including 220 KV transmission towers, other electrical assets, telecommunication assets, water and sewerage assets, and drainage and gas pipelines.
Construction on the Early Works package has commenced and is set to be completed in 2022.
You will be based in the Heidelberg project office, however the role will work across a number of zones in the eastern and north eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Due to the numerous and diverse range of packages, you will have exposure to roads upgrades, services protection and relocations, buildings construction and facilities upgrades.
As a Project Engineer you will be accountable for:
- Managing the planning and delivery of allocated work packages
- Driving work progress and completion under set project targets
- Leading and mentoring Site Engineers and Graduates
- Working closely with other functions (planning, procurement etc.)
- Producing accurate and timely project reports
- Driving a safety culture through effective supervision and implementation of standards, training and procedures
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in civil, infrastructure, pipelines and services
- Proven experience in successfully delivering large work packages
North East Link Early Works is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.