CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction has commenced and is due to be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Planning Managers to lead the planning function across the project providing expertise in ensuring effective and timely coordination and implementation of planning and programming activities.
As Planning Manager, you will be accountable for:
- Develop design and construction programmes that reflect agreed methodologies and identify key activities, milestones and constraints.
- Provide an efficient day-to-day service to the Program and Project Managers in reporting on plans, costs, safety, environment and programme performance.
- Document the programmes using the company’s standard software and procedures and in accordance with client’s requirements.
- Ensure constant up-to-date reporting of the project program status including monthly accurate monthly reporting
- Liaise with construction personnel on site to ensure that all construction activity data reflects real levels of progress
- Update the master program, ensuring project delivery in optimal time
- Assist in providing time impact assessments on all variations to the project’s contract and variations submitted/claimed by subcontractors as required
- Actively contribute to identification of and response to project risks and opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of reports to Senior Management.
Requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary Degree preferably in an Engineering, Construction, Building, Sciences, Architecture or Project Management discipline.
- 7 - 10 years relevant experience in hands-on planning and scheduling of multidisciplinary projects across the design, construction and commissioning phases in infrastructure industry
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of modern planning and scheduling principals, methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Strong stakeholder management experience coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in Primavera P6.
- Experience using, Microsoft Project, Microsoft office Suite, Turbochart and/or Chainlink.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.