Project Engineers & Senior Project Engineers
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Brisbane
- Engineering - Other
- Applications close
- E. Australia Standard Time
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acemna, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of six suburban stations to the south between Fairfield and Salisbury
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
We are seeking experienced Project and Senior Project Engineers to join our team with skillsets in the following disciplines:
- Building Services & Fitout
Responsibilities of the roles will include:
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that the project is safely delivered in accordance with time, budget and quality requirements
- Effectively manage and monitor construction performance and progress
- Preparation of progress and compliance reporting
- Interpret designs for construction implementation and contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Assist with the preparation of site construction budgets and reports
- Verification of subcontractors' claims and variations
- Effective management of work programmes and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes
- Execute a working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
In addition to the above, Senior Project Engineers will be responsible for:
- Managing scope including upgrade of existing stations, construction of new maintenance facility buildings and rail-civil earthworks / drainage
- Managing and monitoring the completion of the project to ensure programme, budget, quality, environmental and contractual obligations are achieved safely, taking prompt corrective action where required
- Reviewing design and construction plans, schedules, temporary works designs, method statements and job safety analysis and quality
- Effectively assigning tasks to project team members to deliver the required outputs to agreed specifications
- Monitoring KPIs and productivity analysis against programme and budget as well as undertaking other administrative duties as required
- Mentoring Project, Site and Graduate Engineers
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience at a Project or Senior Project Engineer level managing major packages on large scale building or infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines
- Hold proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- E. Australia Standard Time