CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade a 4 kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
Construction is due for completion by early 2023.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Senior Contracts Administrators. We are offering a permanent full-time role which will be based in our Thomastown Site.
Within this scope of work, you will support the procurement and construction process through the effective administration of contracts and commercial terms established for the project. You will ensure vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors provide their services in a timely and cost-effective manner, and to the quality expectations of the project.
You will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with the delivery team in support of the preparation of tender documents ensuring that they are commercially sound and match the expectations of the project
- Providing ongoing commercial support ensuring that suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors engaged in support of the project are adhering to the terms under which they were engaged
- Directly administering contracts in support of project deliverables ensuring that budgets are met
- Ensuring all commercial activity follows the guidelines specified by the Project Management Plan
- Ensuring tender documentation adheres to the Quality Management Plan
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Ensuring robust and transparent management of Cost Management Systems
- Assisting Engineers with the preparation and accurate forecasting of costs
- Generating and paying site orders in the CPB Contracting financial system
To be successful you will ideally have the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying, Commerce, Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Substantial experience in a similar position in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor is preferred
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Confidence and ability to negotiate, influence and develop relationships at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced competency in MS Office Suite
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.