Site Engineer | Intelligent Transport Systems
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade the 4-kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
The project is due for completion by 2023.
We are interested in hearing from Site Engineers with experience in Civil Engineering and Intelligent Transport Systems.
As a Site Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Coordinating day to day activities and acting as a point of escalation for critical and non-critical events
- Managing subcontractor packages of works including on site coordination between work fronts and different disciplines
- Coordinate material delivery, tracking and reporting
- Undertaking quality inspections and review of works including ITC and ITP completion
- Coordinating survey set out and conformance for all works
- Undertaking safety review of site works
- Coordinating regular quality inspections with the client
- Managing the verification of conformance for works under control
- Tracking of daily progress and productivity and reporting
- Daily cost tracking and reporting
- Supporting the Project Manager and team to deliver contract scope on time and budget. Report to Project Engineer.
- Provide input to program for both completed activities and look ahead
- Actively liaising with subcontractors and suppliers
- Analyse and use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance to achieve outcomes.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Familiarity with civil infrastructure including pits & conduits, cabinet and gantry foundations an advantage
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.