Senior Design Manager
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Perth
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
For over twenty years CPB has been a partner to Defence delivering major capital works projects across Australia. Responding to the growth in Defence’s capital works pipeline, CPB is committed to grow its market share of Defence work in Western Australia, South Australia, and the Northern Territory.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Manager to join CPB Contractors Defence Team, to lead and direct the planning and design elements of major capital works projects delivered for the Department of Defence. While the focus will be principally on the Defence Managing Contract model it may extend to other contract forms requiring design development and management. Additionally, the role will provide valuable input into tender strategy and preparation. The role will be based in Perth with travel to project sites as required.
As a Senior Design Manager, you will:
- Be a member of the leadership group supporting the development of Defence business opportunities including tendering
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Defence stakeholders, consultants, service providers and authorities
- Within the project environment:
- take lead responsibility for the delivery of a robust and cost-effective design for the project,
- manage the engagement of consultants including the preparation of scopes of service
- plan and lead stakeholder engagement activities to ensure user requirements are captured and agreed
- manage the process to deliver a design which satisfies Defence scope and technical requirements, is inherently safe and practical to build within the budget
- lead our internal design management team ensuring there is clear direction and co-ordination of external consultants
- drive and manage performance of the design team to ensure design milestones are achieved with high quality reports and documentation
- ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and Company policies and processes
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Degree qualified in architecture, engineering, or related discipline
- Significant experience in senior design management and project leadership roles for major capital works
- Experience in the application of the Defence Estate Quality Management System
- Experience in the interpretation and application of Defence contracts
- Computer competency and ability to apply company management system requirements
- Knowledge and application of safety and environmental legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage senior stakeholders and leaders across multiple business functions
- Strong analytical, negotiation and influencing skills and confidence to operate at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated commercial experience including risk assessment, cost planning, value management and value engineering
- Industry and or project induction in accordance with legislation
- Eligibility for a Defence Security Clearance
We are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation. Women and people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to communicating with you soon about this exciting project