CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
Working closely with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
Our mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, along with the people and projects of our subsidiary Broad Construction.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future.
Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acemna, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of six suburban stations to the south
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer / Superintendent, CPB Contractors are currently seeking experienced Supervisors with a background in structures, buildings and/or civil works to join our team. Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively coordinating and supervising the utilisation of all on-site resources for the project
- Ensuring all workers are inducted onto site before commencing work
- Monitoring construction progress and compliance to safety and environmental standards
- Managing site security and material/plant deliveries and storage and general housekeeping
- Ensure all operations are performed in accordance with agreed safe methods of work
- Forward planning daily/weekly/monthly construction work including resource requirements and trade coordination
- Ensuring subcontracts act safety and comply with safety requirements
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary Qualification in a related field
- Proven experience in a similar role in the Civil Construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines
- Hold proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.