- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge.
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne.
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Surveyor you will be responsible for delivering survey requirements of construction, supervision, quality and commercial teams.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure compliance of Design model and current design drawings for field set out of bridge structural works and civil earthworks onsite.
- Interface with site construction team to complete progressive survey As-Built of bridge structural works & civil earthworks onsite.
- Liaise with project survey team to maintain project standard survey data file management workflows
- Demonstrate people management skills by being able to manage work priorities and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes.
- Implement and communicate actions involved for efficient delivery and implementation of Setout onsite and progressive completion of As constructed submissions to the Project Completions team.
To be success in this role you will require the following skillset and qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Surveying, Geomatics or equivalent.
- Previous civil construction survey experience including major structures preferred but not essential.
- Survey Engineering Software 12d / Trimble Business Centre / AutoCAD skills preferred
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.