Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Supervisor mechanic (Major TR/DZ/GD) provides the implementation of mechanical inspection requirement while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mechanic and based on GBU Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- To ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved
- Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel.
- Able to work with OCDC, JDE, open and close out work orders, DMG and SOS outstanding, Component Failure Investigation
- Able to diagnose and analyse component condition which having normal, abnormal, premature failure, and recommend parts those needed.
- Ensure correct procedures and steps in doing troubleshooting of Volvo, Terex, Komatsu truck machine
- Maintain DOOD, Pre service, and Mechanical inspection sheets and return service packages in 24 hours after machine release; ensure submission to planning department with in repair and parts recommendation. Address all known work, breakdowns, and planned maintenance
- Planning and co-ordination of shut down in cooperation with planning department. Ensure all repairs are carried out in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage toward all equipment under his responsible and associated area, this includes operator abuse.
- Maintain all workplace safety inspections requirement ex. SBO, Amankah, JSEA, Ensure a safe working environment for all employee by ensure all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the TMC and GBU project management plan
- Ensure that there is no impact on the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the TMS and GBU Management plan are followed.
- Ensure all disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the GBU mine regulations and maintenance departments’ rules.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 3 years professional experience in similar role as Senior Supervisor with relevant qualification in Mechanical & Auto Electrical HE Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical & auto electrical repair experience in HD Truck/Dozer/Grader unit such as Caterpillar, Komatsu ; handling diagnostic skill in all aspects of electrical repairs;
- Good leadership and people management skills preferably with training in staff supervision; have ability in resource planning and OHS&E supervision; excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English; able to work under pressure are preferred character traits;
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 26 April 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.