Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Supervisor Mechanic (Medium Truck) provides the implementation of mechanical inspection requirement while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mechanic and based on GBU Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- To ensure that the Maintenance Department goals are achieved MA>90 %, MTBS>60 hours Zero LTI, by following the procedures which are set up in TMS.
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues and prioritizing of equipment repairs.
- Ensure to accurate the completion of daily breakdown report for reviewing by the Senior Supervisor before end of shift every day.
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure that the correct procedures are used when breakdowns and failures troubleshooting.
- Ensure all WOs open status have been compared with current break down equipment to make sure all WOs are controlled and closed if the job has been done.
- Review DOOD (Daily Outstanding Operator Defect), SOS report, mechanical inspection is analysed and reviewed and also ensure it is submitted in daily complete with the part recommendation. Ensure the mechanic raises the list of part recommended accurately to address all backlog, breakdowns and planned maintenance.
- Ensure all break down machine are reported in OCDC, and all information repair description, coding, start and finish have been filled in OCDC correctly.
- Prepare parts equipment and manpower for planned work and shutdown days, ensure all repairs are carried out in an effective cost and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this is included with the operator abuse.
- Make a safe working environment for all employees by ensuring all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the TMS, JSEAs are relevant and all hazards are controlled.
- Ensure that there is no impact for the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the TMS are followed.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and make sure subordinate understand of our objectives and Thiess policies, and address all safety information to crew.
- Ensure all the disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the TCI GBU Mine Regulations
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 3 years' professional experience in similar role as Supervisor Mechanic with relevant qualification in Mechanical Medium Truck Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical.
- Good leadership and people management skills preferably with training in staff supervision; have ability in resource planning and OHS&E supervision; excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English; able to work under pressure are preferred character traits; be able to work on shift roster (day and night shift).
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 28 May 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.