Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Supervisor Drill & Blast provides the implementation of mechanical inspection requirement while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Services and based on Melak Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- To ensure the implementing of drill and blast design so as to achieve the good blast fragmentation in most efficiency manner;
- Plan and supervise blast activity following safe and efficient blast target and to maximize coal recovery in the most cost effective manner.
- To be responsible in monitoring and controlling blast activities and blast sequence;
- To ensure blast activity productivity are meeting targets; ensure blast designs and plans from Drill and Blast Engineer are implemented on the field; and make sure drilled holes are recorded, documented and reported;
- To coordinate with mining supervisor; coordinate with Drill and Blast Engineer about explosive charging plan for high-wall design, coal design, wedge area; and liaise with Drill and Blast Engineer regarding drill design and planning.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School grade with experience as Blast Supervision minimum 3 years, and minimum 5 years of site experience;
- Understand the drill blast design and explosive product usage; have Supervisory level 1 (Pratama) certification; and Blast Trainee 2nd class (KJL Kelas 2).
- You should be able to work under deadlines, be fast paced and mobile, have strong motivation, organize and provide direction to employees, have effective communication, good team work and leadership skill.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 26 April 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.