Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As our next Senior Surveyor, you will provide bench strength survey support to QLD and NSW sites to ensure survey standards are established, maintained and supported through the use of correct equipment, processes and trained staff.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide leave coverage for Qld and NSW site based mine Surveyors
- Provide survey support and assist Technical Services in the planning process
- Develop positive relationships with Technical Services teams and specifically the survey teams
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans\Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Develop and review PGS survey operational and technical guidelines and standards
- Liaise with appropriate personnel to plan, coordinate and organise survey tools and resources for existing and new projects
- Complete on-site RPAS training/Incident Reporting and flight approvals as Chief Remote Pilot’s Delegate.
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations
- Provide EOM reconciliation advice and support
This is a 100% site based role on 8/6 roster. Flexibility of roster will be required due to the coverage nature of this role i.e. may need to switch rosters from time to time.
Experience in a Mine Surveying environment
- Experience working at a large scale open cut mining operation
Tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
Understanding of mining principles, design concepts and operations (particularly their relation to survey activities)
- Experience with Vulcan/Deswik Software
- Proficient in relevant survey software including Maptek Point Studio
Proficient in photogrammetry software and techniques
An ability to link the technical outcomes to financial results
Knowledge of mine operation regulatory and legislative requirements
Have 100+ hrs on multiple RPAS Platforms.
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Company provided flights
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.