Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Thiess Mount Pleasant has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated FMS Technology Technician to join our team, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
This is a residential position be home every night, working on a Monday to Friday dayshift roster.
Responsibility of the role will be to assist with the maintenance and installation of infrastructure and systems which support the Fleet Management System (FMS) and other smart machine systems used on our operations, you will:
- Assist with installations on new machines
- Carry out inspections and repairs during machine overhauls
- Perform system upgrades as required
- Build close working relationships with equipment OEMs, Ivolve, position partners, CAT etc
Good knowledge of the following/similar systems will be highly desirable:
- Ivolve FMS
- Terrain drill profiling data capture with GPS correction
- Mine 4D
- Menco HPGS
- Carlson HPGS
- DSS Fatigue monitoring
- Hexagon Fatigue monitoring
- Video Cameras monitoring the open cut operations
- Wireless networks and associated infrastructure
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.